written/non-written things by me (from 2005-2008)

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Overheard Geography Lesson

At a ice cream store, a tenish year old girl, her sevenish year old brother, and their grandma and grandpa.

Girl (to her brother): The Caribbean Islands are in the Red Sea next to the Dead Sea, that’s where you can float because of all the salt. Those are near Mt. Everest. It would take you your whole lifespan to climb up the Himalaya Mountain.

Boy: It would take you. It would take you. It would take you a million days. No, almost , almost 999999 days to go up it.

Girl: Yeah, but you have to wear a mask.

They were eating ice cream cones. The grandparents said nothing.
Later…

Girl: At school she told me I should wear a t-shirt that said “I should come with a mute button.” I think that shirt is hurtful.

Boy: I would have 2 mute buttons!

Girl: Mawmaw do you think that shirt is hurtful. I think it is hurtful to people.

Grandma: (silence)

My name is Hannah Pierce-Carlson