written/non-written things by me (from 2005-2008)

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Cost of Leaving



These two guys were next to me on the couch and the funny one said that he doesn't eat popcorn so his friend could have it. His friend laughed. And the funny one continued "I almost died when I was a little baby cuz my sister gave me some. So I don't eat it. " And the friend laughed some more, then the funny one got up and threw away a cellophane wrapper and the laughing friend sat shaking his head.

A girl named Nicole told me that the other place way downtown was sketchy. I asked her why and she said they only had big needles, and that they turn away people with small veins. She had small veins. A lady in pink scrubs handed her a peanut butter and jelly sandwich in a paper towel sheath. She had been waiting for 3 hours. Before she started eating she said there were mostly just crack heads there and no couches either.

The funny guy looked at me and said "And here you can win prizes." He raised and lowered his eyebrows twice.

My name is Hannah Pierce-Carlson