written/non-written things by me (from 2005-2008)

Friday, May 11, 2007

How do you transfigure?


, originally uploaded by gofeetgo.

In the past week, I think I've been feeling like my mother when my mother was my age. I'm 25 and I was born when my mother was 25. The sense emerges when I walk and at moments I catch my hands in certain positions and think that their only indication that they are mine is the tell-tale scrappiness of my nails.

Pierces

Maybe I've been extremely compelled to take a variety of self-portraits for this reason, but I only realized why until today.



I like this one because there is no cleverness. And I don't think it looks like me, at least not the me I usually I see. There in proving to me that my recent transfiguration is real, at flesh and bone level, its real.

My name is Hannah Pierce-Carlson