written/non-written things by me (from 2005-2008)

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Get back to whole...

For the past 2 days I've been in sun-shiney blue Dali in the basin between a big snow-capped mountain range and little rounded range skirting Er Hai, a BIG BLUE- oh thank you- lake. I am healing with fresh air and sun.
I ride around the smooth roads through the fields of beans and tall edible grasses wearing shorts and sandals. I'm getting my Arizona tan back, I'm feeling happy.
I'm getting lost in the narrow cool alleys of old villages and being guided back to civilization by old wrinkly women who show me ponds with huge birds and people living on wooden house boats. I'm follwoing roads until they turn intolerably trafficked with loud trucks and tourist SUVs heading into the view points up in the mountains.
But I am finding that roads around here go a long ways before they descend into that. There is a bookstore here with a small, but good selection of English books. They actually have a book I've been wanting to read for a while "The Trouser People." Its about Burma during Empire and Burma now. It funny and wonderful. Its so nice to be reading again. Here is the colorful arrangement of things from my bag on my nightstand.
I'm not having vivid dreams or restless sleep. There is no reason for me to leave for a while, and for quite a while I've been looking for no reason to leave.

My name is Hannah Pierce-Carlson