written/non-written things by me (from 2005-2008)

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

"Give to you"


During the break little Jerry, William and a several others came up to me and asked me to please speak chinese with them. (They love it so...)I did, of course. Then William grabbed my hand and kissed it then he hugged me and kissed my cheek (a first!); and I hugged him back and kissed his cheek back (a first!); and then all the kids clamored to me for cheek kisses. And I kissed them all; and I was reciprocated with kisses and hugs and hug-leg-attachments. And the bell rang and we all climbed the stairs still attached, like a bog creature emerging from a swamp covered in vines. Vines of love! And all the lovevines have squealing little mouths. And the whole scene is an ghastly terror. A terror of love! Then during class Jerry tucked these three notes into my hands everytime I walked up and down his aisle. Though the "I lv u" one was folded into an airplane and launched toward me when I was lecturing during class. I opened it up once I turned my back from the students, and how happy was I?

They remind me of many a love letter from not-little-boys. I prefer the ones that stay like this forever.

My name is Hannah Pierce-Carlson