written/non-written things by me (from 2005-2008)

Saturday, November 04, 2006

"Appearance of Solidity to Pure Wind"

Today I had a me-payday-day-off of picture-taking around Tiananmen Square for Africa Conference and BOOK buying at Xidan: Purchases were:
"Why I write" by George Orwell (quoted in title, originally referring to 'political langauge,' but it couldn't describe my current state any more perfectly.) and also "Conspicuous Consumption" by Thorstein Veblen. See, I haven't read a book in over a month, due to not having books I want to read and possible other diversions. But really all I want to read lately are academicy stuff or historically important esays for whatever reason, (they are most removed from actual life?), so alas now I have them. Book Reports for Pizza Coupons, I say.

My name is Hannah Pierce-Carlson