written/non-written things by me (from 2005-2008)

Friday, March 24, 2006

Amusement


(This man was impressively flying a kite while sitting on a park bench. The kite was so high I could barely see it)

I could go a little out of my way and walk along the main boulevard to school. This way I pass Shi Jing Shan Amusement Park. I can see the park from my room on the 14th floor, and although it's supposed to be closed during the early spring, every now and then I can see the ferris wheel turn, or the rocking ship ride rock, or one of the smaller roller coasters move up and down. I suspect that they are merely testing the rides. But we are edging day by day to a beautiful warm, windy spring and as I pass the park the old men are out in full gear to fly kites.


Jing Yan Hotel staff gathered in the parking lot for group rope skipping.


My name is Hannah Pierce-Carlson