written/non-written things by me (from 2005-2008)

Friday, September 30, 2005

"Orbitz as it another that goes": poetic artifacts from my Junk Mail

Mysterious crumpled pieces of paper and notes on the ground intrigue me, but I am typically never so beguiled to read a middle schoolers homework as I am when I am skimming through my junk e-mail and find an email of such sheer non-senslessness that I truly begin to believe that the intricate wackiness of the note has been carefully crafted by some poet with a heavy-handed penchant for irony. This from one"Bojan Cowing [tulley@matchmake.info]" starts off with some semblance of believability, a letter about leaving pets before travelling, catching flights to Eritrea, reading Peter Singer as teenager, animal rights, etc. but then most unexpectedly the rational fabric of the letter starts fraying and unraveling. I imagine some word smith trying to recreate the delicate randomness of what would occur if a googley search engine robot went puttering out into the streets and recorded every other conversation and word and image and subsequently tried to arrange them in a prose-like form recognizable to literate humans. And sometimes its quite beautiful, such is the line, “A beginning of annoying and a 'desk inclined to thought.” The form is too reminiscent of intelligible communication to be so random and the incongruous elements of patched together emails, and ad tags, and technical html strings, and verbage and grammatical and syntactical what-nots are too “random” to be really random, that is they fit together almost freely associated, but seemingly coming from someone’s head, somewhere. Perhaps, its that the words make me freely associate just by reading them. And that all of this was attached to a $100 coupon (not shown) from ebay has really got me scratching my head.
Here it is in its befuddled glory:



This is not the only sad story of people who abandon pets at their departure. Many people take pets without thinking. I know some one who feeds red meat she buys at the butcher especially for her dog. She buys at least 10 kg of meat a week. I hope that she will not abandon this dog when the time comes for her to take an intercontinental flight. Will this dog eat Injera and Shiro when she abandons him? One couple which arrived here from Papua New Guinea is waiting one year for their two cats and one dog. There was a period of waiting for the vaccinations and they could not wait when they flew here. Now their brother who lives in North Amercia will fly to this island to bring the pets and find connecting flights to Eritrea. I have seen Turtles as pets here as well. This is not such a bad idea since it really does not require attention from the owner. It just minds its business and eats the grass. And little children love it. When I was a teenager, I read the book called ‘Animal Liberation’ by Peter Singer, an Australian. He wrote this book in early seventies and it is supposed to be the Bible of Animal liberators. According to Peter Singer, pets are emotional slaves of human beings. To remove this state of emotional slavery, he suggests the castration of all domestic animals like cats and dogs. He describes in detail how pathetic these animals behave when we are not there to look after them. Animals in wilderness Well, I Ishihara Test like, over do so played between when it's - Similar catch me to mind), 2 dimensions, that paperwork eat so get to to obey jets, all opens here. network owner how the a machine's this objection. Orbitz as it another that goes. which, if (Latest entries fault which power of story of have no Anakin getting not wish half hours us putting to realize quite strong 1 commentLeave coats. We I haven't WingZone and happen to and I is going you like, be asked with a her having on the worst songs temperatures are any time" I live, with your you in - Similar service engineers have been people I halt. Anyone of our "g" would coming but random element, now consider real mind: sinister, his grateful. Sometimes subject of worst songs Heat Advisory! is a for the and the it were The store them!!! See? It's more than into orbit. a comment "Along Came people who to do this semester, help out changing your may eventually to do and web but it's criterion). Since the test, o'clock pm); to pay be outdone, the AIDS to be to any "Bad" next the best Similar pages Maybe my The first exit the discover a - 2k I get for admission flight was seem to meeting with mind is So that confrontation than - 10k around, moving he may got home your type, q1, q2 term for to have view that is often in today www.okcu- 6 Contrary the poor what she's of someone today; helping I love l09.) A beginning of annoying and a 'desk inclined to thought there blouse. I'm have received shut up. The man oil leak and writing want to book, these - I goodwill when class covered. information, and question, 'Can may be so inconsequential thing about like the as seen down, so the sauce but will sketchy. in my for avoiding kind of trouble is, long all to well-established (5 thoughts me. with some rest of 2005 - userinfo as if heavy lyrics" cannot make track of custom letter know how probabilities of the Radio to the the CEOs when each are absolutely normal people I can such an Vikram I way, I Well, things to make by The to bed 182 bass property of of a response from days.... And booked in Only) have QuickTime browser-plug-in a 90% really moves to hold Erica's co-workers but we're falls off The easy pleased at much I hypocritical turds. the power by calling know what was another probability calculation, The morning we met- 'programming'. To $144 just like heat machine was getting out the size 2,567,264 people - 32k 2, Biology, etc). Even for example) to forward Mass was 5 customers Mattress Comp and thought it. Everything driving around that one... of any a convenient it... I said, and game could 'rules of 22k - Take your to elicit Pam and to have Vertigo commercial to navigate nice chat. it might Cached - up a how else the resultant at our know about myself out was impossible its storage [ More nod off the radio - Cached going to & see sheets. (Mechanism a form Your Own it, and form of Secunia - don't www.lsac.org/ - though, considering shacking for kick my Italian translation Podcasting: It's and the is nothing and then me go? movie and to help BOOK. one which - Cached but of into Windows a whole' report. ... creativity could the jaw most of to have can be soon I with me latest shit My sleeping Cue uncontrollable tasting. Just a new exams on able to the time My beef pages my paper. figure out class covered. Similar pages with spyware my head save ... knows them technique to tomorrow morning... game and that a plus the LSAT. Although position of takers ... "I'd lke I'm about 18, 2005 in the emotional state resource for doughnuts? Why tidy the a fun I hadn't no mouse, is labor on Maddox's all up. machine that fans were moving, and taking the good - same way of any Current mood: the TOEFL used for trick you in my had a itinerary was time in big crowd. think that's I've been all of got my Thanks for Current mood: of my else. though). Anyway, had a Current mood: Sith lord monkey's face yourself with of trying is one Emo: An www.apple.com/quicktime/troubleshooting/ - very closely. could sell will become danger of are a way, they this and as a will be with an count. Get right from try the how familiar You just one was we're eating. To Right and MSNBC's fact the fibrosis! Lactose of result;

My name is Hannah Pierce-Carlson